The Ugly Truth (NaKniSweMo 2015 – Part 5)

  

This pocket detail is one of the major reasons I chose to knit Shellseeker. The split hem is another. 

If I zoom in on the sweater both of these details look pretty, but one of them has a dirty little secret. 

This was taken yesterday:

 

This is what happened overnight:

 

Even the modified collar is starting to misbehave as well…

I already tore it out the offending hem once and re-knit it loosely. Do I need to go up yet another needle size to fix this? 

I am at a loss. While I await your sage advice, I’m going to work on the first sleeve. 

Advertisements

3 responses to “The Ugly Truth (NaKniSweMo 2015 – Part 5)

  1. Going up a needle size should help. I’ve seen some knitters do a row of seed stitch between stockinette and ribbing. I personally don’t like that look, I’ve tried it a couple times. It did work though.

    Last sweater I had this issue on, I ran a 1 mm strand of elastic through the bind off. It worked like a charm and let me avoid ripping & re-knitting. I typically make the lazy knitters choice πŸ™‚

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s