The cold weather snuck up on me… as usual. Thankfully, it didn’t take long to knit up two pairs of mittens for the girls. And just in time, too!
I didn’t follow a pattern. I just traced a hand as a template and used some math to figure it out on the fly. I loosely based the color work on Chickadee’s mittens on my Raptured Hat pattern. Wren’s mittens are more plain for now. I think I want to embroider a flower on them, or perhaps do a duplicate stitch, but until I figure that out she’s been wearing them happily.
My husband, who requested a pair for himself last year, is starting to get jealous. Unfortunately for him, he wants something a little more complicated. Capped, fingertip-less gloves (as opposed to fingerless mittens). I am still undecided on which pattern to use for him. He wants it to match the fingering weight yarn I used for his Howlcat. Since the yarn is variegated, I have been trying to find a pattern that is stranded to avoid any pooling.
Perhaps I’ll have to make him an original pair as well.